Kids Are People Too was founded in March of 1980 by Jamie
Broussard, present owner and director. This facility holds a
Louisiana Class "A" license.
The purpose of this program shall be to provide a home-like
atmosphere, a full-day nursery school and preschool, and a before
and after school program that will benefit the child, the parent, and
For the child :
- To provide opportunities for being with other children in a
setting conducive to the development of wholesome social
- To provide appropriate play experiences that contribute to the
developmental needs of the child.
- To provide opportunities for meaningful play that are based on
the child's individual needs, interests, handicaps, and abilities,
and that will build important foundations for future reading
skills and other academic pursuits.
For the parents :
and needs of children.
- To provide opportunities to meet with and work with other
parents and teachers who have as their common concern the
- To provide care for the child while the parents pursue their
own work and other interests.
- To provide opportunities to grow in the understanding of child
development through a planned educational program for their
For the community :
- To help meet the needs of the community for a high quality
early childhood educational facility as well as an after school
- To contribute to the wholesome growth and development of
the future citizens of the community.
- To provide a setting where people of various religious and
ethnic backgrounds can work together for a common interest.